We’re searching for an experienced commercial insurance broker to join us on our mission to create insurance without stigma for Canadian cannabis businesses. Working with our Director of Strategic Partnerships and our entire team of specialty insurance experts, this individual will become emersed in the cannabis industry. They will learn the regulations, operational details, provincial insurance requirements, and create a pathway for insurance underwriters to understand these risks and build new solutions.
In addition to leading insurance industry change, the successful candidate will be involved with all aspects of account management for new and existing cannabis clients — they will take responsibility for understanding our clients' insurance needs and providing the highest level of service.
EQUA is proud to be a leader in the cannabis sector and an Affiliate Member of the Cannabis Council of Canada. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful team that is creating positive change for Canadian businesses. Learn more about our work in cannabis on our Core Industry page.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Ontario (hybrid WFH and in office as needed)
- Travel to visit clients requires access to a personal vehicle, with reimbursement for use.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer, Andy Bates
The EQUA Difference:
EQUA Specialty Risk Partners Corporation (EQUA) is a Canadian commercial risk and insurance brokerage headquartered in Toronto, with offices in Calgary, Ottawa, Regina, and Vancouver.
Our highly experienced team and entrepreneurial culture allows us the freedom to take on new challenges, think creatively, and capture opportunities that others may not. The ideal candidate will have the experience necessary to infuse their work with creativity — building new insurance solutions to ensure that clients are well protected and well served.
- Experienced — a minimum of four years as a commercial insurance Client Executive/Producer with direct experience broking and placing coverages
- Client-focused — has a proven ability to build and maintain excellent customer relationships, assess client needs, and develop appropriate and competitive insurance solutions
- An entrepreneurial spirit — agile, passionate, self-motivated, and ready to thrive in a start-up environment
- Business development oriented — enjoys meeting new people and has a proven ability to build a robust prospect list
- Engaged — a dedication to remaining abreast of insurance market knowledge, trends, products, pricing, developments, and opportunities
- Superior interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills — both verbal and written — with the ability to listen, create buy-in, and effectively communicate with clients and the EQUA team
- Professional, friendly, and respectful in all interactions with customers, company partners, and colleagues
- A high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and result-orientation
- RIBO Insurance license in good standing (additional provincial licences are an asset)
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence
- Strong knowledge of the Cannabis, Manufacturing, Real Estate, and/or Technology sectors
- Insurance designations, such as CAIB, CIP, FCIP and/or CRM
- Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Broker licences in provinces outside of Ontario
- Previous experience utilizing Applied Epic broker management system
The EQUA Offer:
- Competitive salary and sales incentive plan
- Benefits package and group RRSP contributions
- Flexible hours and personal time, including a minimum of twenty paid vacation days
- A career path focused on progression, learning, and engagement
- A company and leadership team that believes in the importance of relationships, work-life balance, integrity, and diversity
If you are interested in becoming part of a pioneering, growing, and creative team, please email your resume to email@example.com
. We would like to thank all applicants — however, due to volume, only select candidates will be contacted.
We know that diversity and inclusion create strength - we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a culture of inclusivity and consider all employment applicants. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org