Let's work together!
Job type: Full-time, permanent
- Work from home and from our Toronto office, as needed. Travel to visit clients requires access to a personal vehicle, with reimbursement for use.
Location: Hybrid, GTA or Ottawa
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
EQUA Specialty Risk Partners Corporation (EQUA) is a Canadian commercial risk and insurance brokerage headquartered in Toronto. We’re seeking a passionate, knowledgeable, and responsive Client Executive to support our quickly growing client base in the GTA and Eastern Ontario.
EQUA is client-first organization focused on building long-term relationships with like-minded companies that are seeking bespoke, first class corporate risk and insurance solutions. We are passionate about serving our clients by providing unparalleled professional advice and building customized solutions for their unique needs. We are able to do this because we invest time in getting to know our clients' businesses and we work hard to create real value, security, and peace of mind.
Our entrepreneurial culture allows us the freedom to take on new challenges, think creatively, and capture opportunities that others may not. The ideal candidate will have the experience necessary to infuse their work with creativity — creating new insurance solutions to ensure that clients in dynamic commercial sectors are well protected and well served.
The successful candidate will be involved with all aspects of account management for new and existing clients — they will take responsibility for understanding our clients' insurance needs and providing the highest level of service. Further, they will be able to effectively prioritize their time according to client needs and corporate initiatives.
- Experienced — a minimum of four years as a commercial insurance Client Executive/Producer with direct experience broking and placing coverages
- Client-focused — has a proven ability to build and maintain excellent customer relationships, assess client needs, and develop appropriate and competitive insurance solutions
- An entrepreneurial spirit — agile, passionate, self-motivated, and ready to thrive in a start-up environment
- Business development oriented — enjoys meeting new people and has a proven ability to build a robust prospect list
- Engaged — a dedication to remaining abreast of insurance market knowledge, trends, products, pricing, developments, and opportunities
- Superior interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills — both verbal and written — with the ability to listen, create buy-in, and effectively communicate with clients and the EQUA team
- Professional, friendly, and respectful in all interactions with customers, company partners, and colleagues
- A high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- RIBO Insurance license in good standing
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence
- Strong knowledge of the Manufacturing, Real Estate, and/or Technology sectors
- Insurance designations, such as CAIB, CIP, FCIP and/or CRM
- Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Broker licences in provinces outside of Ontario
- Previous experience utilizing Applied Epic broker management system
The EQUA offer:
- Competitive salary and sales incentive plan
- Benefits package and group RRSP contributions
- Flexible hours with unlimited personal and vacation time (within reason)
- A career path focused on progression, learning, and engagement
- A company and leadership team that believes in the importance of relationships, work-life balance, integrity, and diversity
If you are interested in becoming part of a pioneering, growing, and creative team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all applicants — however, due to volume, only select candidates will be contacted.
We know that diversity and inclusion create strength - we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a culture of inclusivity and consider all employment applicants. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com